Thursday, March 8, 2012

Where to Begin?

Well, a few parents of Autistic children have recommended I start blogging, I assume about my Autism. I took it upon myself to go through with that because I do want to help out as much as I can, and to teach others what it's like for me, since people in my real life seldom listen to a word I say. I'm just unsure as to which aspect of my Autism I should start with. It affects nearly every part of my daily life, I can tell you that much. Anyways, I hope this goes well.

2 comments:

  1. Dan, I'll be following your blog with interest. Very brave of you, but exactly what people need to hear to be able to try and understand more, myself included.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan. I will boldly say (and you are free to ignore me, of course) that you should not blog about "your autism." *Blog about DAN.* Tell us what scares you and what makes you happy. Tell us what makes you laugh out loud and what makes you mad. Tell us what makes you feel good, and what hurts. Write about what makes Dan Ritter, Dan Ritter.
    I think it is time we started valuing individuals (all individuals) exactly as they are. This is not easy for people like me who grew up with a very strong sense of how people are "supposed to" be and how they are "supposed to" behave. I have to practice every day -- and I go back to my old ways much too often. But I want to change. Reading what you write, will help.

    All the best to you!

    Natalia (one mother of 3 Uniquely Magnificent kids, one of whom is diagnosed with autism)

    ReplyDelete